Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happiest Place on Earth: Part Two



Last night we took Wyatt to see Rio at the drive in. We took him when he was 2.5 months old but this time was much more fun. And a bit more crowded. We brought Ruby so all four of us were cozy in the 5 foot bed of Garett's truck.
Wyatt caught my enthusiasm and could hardly contain himself as we drove to the theatre. I love to be with him when he is beyond excited about something. Last night it was the macaw movie but it's always something. It might be going on an ogre (pronounced oogre) hunt or finding a "kind of scary spider" under a block on the side of the house. He does not hold back his joy and I am reminded that he is my boy.
It was a crisp night and we watched the coastal fog slowly roll in to hide the bright stars. Wyatt is going through a very demonstrably thankful phase. He must have thanked us ten times for taking him to the drive in and asked when we could go back as we pulled out of the lot. I'm glad he likes the drive in because it's going to be a regular family outing whether he likes it or not.
I posted a couple pretty bad pictures from my camera but one is Wyatt in the car on the way to the movie. Can you see his excitement? The other is Garett blowing up the mattress with Wyatt anticipating the family cuddle to come.

No comments: