Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter


This has been a meaningful week. Our church held a communion service on Thursday, a Tenenbrae service on Friday night and a very special Easter service this morning. God faithfully met me during these beautifully symbolic gatherings. This Easter I've been struck over and over by the fact that Jesus chose to suffer. I have heard this often over the years and especially at Easter but this year the reality of that choice sunk deep into my heart and mind. A path of suffering was chosen so the world could experience that Jesus is Lord. I just can't fathom the depth of this love but it moves me. This morning we sang the hymn In Christ Alone and I could not agree more.
We had brunch with friends this morning and an egg hunt later.
Such a cute and fun family.
Checking out the plunder.


No comments: