Saturday, July 30, 2011

Headaches and Hyenas

I woke up with a migraine today. Garett was out on the ocean fishing and I am phone-less. I emailed a friend and asked her to bring Wyatt to church so that I could take some medicine and lay in a dark room. She kindly picked him up and even took him to the park after church. Thank you, Holly!
After he got home, we curled up on the couch together watching Nature on PBS. He said, "Mommy, I'm sad when you get migraines." I immediately figured it was because I don't play with him much when I'm feeling crummy. I asked him why and he replied, "I like you a lot, Mommy, and I don't like it when you don't feel good."
I'm thankful to see my sweet three year old developing empathy even though I wish there was another way to learn.
I'm also noticing a bit of wisdom. Wyatt was telling me about a girl at school and said, "She's really wild like an African hyena." Great description, my boy. Yes, some girls are wild. I'd advise you to keep your distance.

No comments: