Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Tonight we celebrated eight years with a $4.89 meal at Costco. If we weren't spending next week in San Francisco I might be a little on the disappointed side. I tried explaining to Wyatt what an anniversary is but he kept saying, "Happy birthday, Mommy. Mommy eight!" I think he was just hoping for a piece of cake with ice cream.
I can't believe it was eight years ago when I walked down the aisle (or runway, as Garett prefers to call it) to my groom standing on the metal platform welded with love. I love Garett more today than I did eight years ago. His depth, courage, kindness, generosity and humor are a few of the things that I especially value. And I also don't mind his amazing skills in the kitchen and the garden and the way he lets me sleep in on Saturday mornings while he makes Wyatt pancakes. It's an honor to be his partner and I'm looking forward to eight more years of adventure.

3 comments:

Kristin M. said...

What a beautiful day (and week!) that was...it's impossible to believe that it's already been eight years! You two are so wonderful together. Love you, and happy anniversary!

Rebekah said...

I agree with Kristin. It was such a fun time, from the massages to the jet skis to the lime popsicles at the end of the night. You really should be a wedding planner! I hope you guys have a great time on vacation. Happy Anniversary!

Jen said...

Wait, there were lime popsicles!!??? Scott and I must have left early to go make out. Ha. It remains in my mind one of the happiest weekends of our lives, even though we weren't married. Doesn't it all seem like yesterday? I remember your two weddings vividly too. Sigh. Miss you guys.