Sunday, June 6, 2010

Six Stitches

Last weekend Wyatt cracked his forehead on a sharp stone step and wound up with six stitches. It was far more traumatic for Garett and me. The only good thing was that we happened to be in Turlock and were joined by Garett's dad, my folks and my brother in the emergency room.
Unfortunately this is a fuzzy shot but it captures Wyatt's sad face too well to not post. Our nightly regime included band-aid removal, hydrogen peroxide and polysporin application and putting on another band-aid. I'm not sure exactly what Wyatt detested about this process but he made his frustration quite evident. I love the big lower lip.
All is well now and the stitches are removed. He may or may not even have a scar because the doctors said he hit it in a great spot that heals well. Good coordination of injury placement, Wyatt.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Poor baby! Was this before or after your trip? Wyatt is pretty hardcore. I'm surprised this was his first significant injury. I think it's harder on the mama, or the daddy who forgets to close the baby gate at the top of the open metal staircase, for instance. :)
Can't wait to see pics of San Francisco!

Holly Peterson said...

I would have been so scared! The photo of him and Grandpa is very sweet and pitiful. Bloody shirt and Dr. Seuss!