Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Who's Smarter Than a Two Year Old?

This happened a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to write about it since. Garett and I woke up on a Saturday morning to Wyatt screaming, "Mommy, Daddy, come!" A few minutes later he started frantically yelling, "Poop on hands!" We popped out of bed and immediately went into his room. He was not lying. He also would have not been lying if he had said, "Poop on pajamas. Poop on bed. Poop on floor surrounding bed. Poop on blankets. Poop on sheets. Poop on stuffed animals."
The next day he did the exact same thing. And we did the exact same amount of laundry and sterilization.
By Monday, I was conditioned better than Pavlov's dog. As soon as I heard Wyatt shout, "Poop on hands!" I ran into his room. I found Wyatt standing in his bed holding his clean hands in the air. As soon as I entered he said with a smile, "No." I hate it when I'm outsmarted by a two year old.

1 comment:

Kristin M. said...

whew....thanks for the good laugh, Amy. It's only funny because it was not my child. I did, however, have a similar experience in the crib with her puke for the first time. I think poop is worse though.