Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scope and Soak

I'd say we had a pretty good day but I suspect that Garett may not agree with me. The Cayucos pool opened Tuesday and Wyatt and I spent about 15 minutes this afternoon taking his first ever dip. He didn't cry a bit and only had a slightly scared look on his face. Being in the water with a baby reminded me of my favorite job ever, a mommy'n'me swim class instructor. Sadly, I was 18 during that employment period and it's been downhill since.

The pool was the highlight of the day. The other part of the day included a routine colonoscopy for Garett. The worst part was the fasting and prep but he was back to his lucid self by three, just in time for a trip to the pool. Here are the first (of many, I hope) pictures of summer pool adventures







3 comments:

Jen said...

SUPER cute! That's a great sign that he didn't cry, starting them young seems to be the key. Sam is fearless these days, he went under water with me a couple times today and loved it. Wish we lived closer so we could have a pool date! XOXO

Marianne said...

Hey Amy and Garrett, I was so excited when your Mom (AMY) gave me your blog address! I love blogs and your pics are just darling. Love the blog name too!! Quite clever. YOur little man is so sweet and I especially love the one of him sucking his thumb!! Blessings to you guys.

Mervin said...

Really nice blog.Have to thank josh for sending me the link.Wyatt's pic of sucking his thumb is really cute