Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wyatt's Wild Wolf Party

Wyatt turned three on Saturday and since December he's been asking for a wolf party. We obliged even though we weren't really sure what that meant. It's always a treat to have friends and family under the same roof and even my Grandpa (known as Bumpa to Wyatt) joined us.
This is my mom and dad sporting very cool wolf t-shirts.
My dad pulling around Wyatt on the cake box.
Here is the pitch perfect wolf cake. Thank you, Mom! After singing Happy Birthday, we all let out a celebratory howl.
Garett created this wolf den and we hope to enjoy it for years to come.
Notice the wolf mask that our friends Uma and Marissa shared with us for decoration. So special.
This is a cape made by an especially creative and talented friend Molly. Wyatt already believes he's a super hero and this cape only strengthens his resolve. It's reversible, lined with Superman fabric and closes with two snaps to prevent an itchy neck. What a perfect gift for my wild three year old boy.

My sister-in-law came for the party and we welcomed Coco, her new white German Shepherd puppy, into the family. She fit right in.
Wyatt is a boy with gusto and he brings enthusiasm to nearly all situations. Passion for garbage trucks, finding a jackpot of earthworms and wanting to play and win the "spot and name construction equipment" car game, the things he loves, he loves. It's a joy to see him discover, imagine and create and I'm looking forward to seeing what three brings. For the record, I'm still happy to see him age and continue to be thankful that we've made it this far. 15 years to go?

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! I think a wolf party is perfect and it doesn't look like it could have been executed any better. Such a special boy with such a special family. Love you guys!

Anna said...

So creative. LOVE the wolf den. Wyatt is one lucky guy to have you all loving him so well by encouraging his passionate spirit.

Dana said...

OH my gosh I love the wolf party!! I love what's in Wyatt's head!! And I am secretly dying laughing at how cute your mom and dad are in wolf apparel :)