Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fight!

I want to do a few blogs about a very meaningful long weekend with my folks and brother in Hawaii and a return flight that turned around halfway over the Pacific due to "engine issues" but until I do, here's a conversation that took place at our dinner table tonight.

Me: How was school today?

Wyatt: Today, Xander and me were walking and Derrick was behind us and then I said fight.

Me: Let's thank God for our food. "Dear God, Thank you for our food. Please bring us your peace. Amen." (As a violence-averse mother, I could not bring myself to ask a follow-up question.)

Garett: So, tell me about about that Wyatt.

Wyatt: Today, Xander and me were walking and Derrick was behind us and then I said fight!

Garett: Wyatt, what do you mean by fight?

Wyatt: Like when someone comes to my birthday party.

Me: Do you mean invite?

Wyatt: Yes, Mommy, invite, like when Derrick comes to my party.

1 comment:

Dana said...

OH my goodness Wyatt sounds like such a character!! I love hearing his stories!