Thursday, January 13, 2011

I need you to learn

Wyatt has starting shouting a lot more than he used to. Sometimes it's because there is a strong desire for something in particular and other times it's because he wants to make sure I hear him. I think sometimes it's just sheer enthusiasm for the topic of conversation. Yesterday we were driving home and he began shouting, "Mommy, three yellow forklifts!" over and over and over. I acknowledged him the first time and second and third and so on. Finally he stopped and I asked him why he was shouting at me. "I need you to learn," he emphatically told me. It's hard to not draw a comparison to my strong desire to make a point. I may not yell but that same desire exists at times. I'm noticing the pride in my heart more and more these days.

It's been a tough week for my family. We received difficult news from my mom's doctor and, while it's not an official diagnosis, it does not look good. We are all soaking it in differently and I am feeling perpetually sad. I've left a few sobbing messages for friends because I really can't keep it together. When I think of Wyatt and his precious relationship with his "Gwumma" my heart aches. We are asking to experience God's healing presence every moment of every day. Thanks for praying with us.

No comments: