Monday, June 15, 2009

Poisonous Plants for Children

This afternoon as Wyatt and I were playing a simple game of peekaboo, I noticed the beautiful colors of the jade plant and grabbed the camera. Right before I took the picture, Wyatt decided to take a huge bite of jade.

Of course I googled "poisonous plants for children" and thankfully jade is not on the list. Shortly thereafter, Wyatt decided to eat an entire handful of rocks from a pile near our house. Usually a quick finger sweep does the trick but now he's started clenching his jaw, looking over his shoulder and running away from me after he eats something outside. The wise words of his pediatrician continue ringing in my ear, "This year is all about safety."







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee - but he looks SO CUTE when he's eating nature!
-kristin

Jen said...

Priceless picture of him with the jade, I died reading this. Sam's never tried to eat a plant, at least I don't think, but we've inhaled plenty of dirt, small rocks and food that's fallen on the floor. :)