Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jalama Beach

Last week I had the joy of spending a night alone in a beautiful spot. Jalama Beach is a place I've been curious about so I reserved a tiny cabin perched out on the ocean and my parents graciously kept Wyatt for a sleepover. It's only an hour and a half drive and even that was peaceful just getting to be alone in the car. Jalama is, indeed, a special place, very remote and relatively untouched. The wind was intense but that did not prevent a very long walk on the beach.



This is content, relaxed me. I am noticing more and more how I need this time. It's time to be with God freely without a schedule and time to only care for myself. In these settings, I am more open with God and able to listen more intently. It reminds me how much I need Him and fuels a desire deep in my soul to know Him more. Proverbs 31:25 pressed into my heart deeper than before:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
She can laugh at the days to come."

I desire to laugh at the days to come rather than be driven by fear. I don't mean this in a head-in-the-sand kind of way. I am thinking about this as a lightness through life and a hope to live day by day and not borrow worry from tomorrow, next month or next year.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Best picture I've ever seen of you, what genuine peace shines out from your face! So glad you were able to get away and that it was a sweet time. Love you.

Marianne said...

Beautiful! That is my favorite verse! You expressed it so wonderfully! I really enjoy getting a peak at you here on this blog! I love to see what God is doing in and through you! Your little man is just precious!! Bless you sweet Amy!