Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Tree Virgins No More

Please don't give me the sad eyes when you discover that Garett and I got our very first Christmas tree this year. It's okay, we're okay, we just haven't really wanted to get one before now. Wyatt asked me about Christmas trees a few weeks ago and we decided that it was time to find a tree. It's a simple little tree with only a few ornaments but it's ours and we're enjoying it. Wyatt appears to be skeptical of the whole thing and has a tree sprouting from his head.
He did love getting to put an angel on the top of the tree, and, even more exciting, shaking the tree and pushing the coffee table into the tree to try to knock the angel down.
Another first was watching the San Luis Obispo Christmas Parade. I've never been a huge parade fan but seeing it through Wyatt's eyes was a new experience. The goats, belly dancers and fire trucks were the highlights and I now have a bit of understanding of the lure of a parade.
We also had a holiday dinner with a few friends and Garett and I enjoyed doing some Italian cooking. I was thinking of our family in Italy while I prepared the food and was wishing we could be gracious hosts in the same way that they were to us. Jenni & Rebekah - I know how you guys like your meat sweet so I'm including this menu especially for you. It's all from Giada's Everyday Italian.

- Spinach Pesto with Parpadelle Pasta
- Peas with Prosciutto
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Sauce
- Basic Green Salad
- Panna Cotta with blackberries and blueberries

If you want any recipes, let me know and I'm happy to share. I think the fig sauce was the best treat because it just tasted like Christmas.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You guys are amazing. I seriously don't know how you do it, on top of Thanksgiving too!!! We just invited some folks over for New Year's and I am struggling to be motivated beyond Trader Joe's frozen appetizers. :) Oh the olden days. Loved these pictures, you crack me up.