Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Before and After

Wyatt will be turning one tomorrow and that seemed like a good reason for his first haircut. Thanks to Supercuts, we now know he cleans up real nice. Here's a shaggy before shot:And here are a couple of after shots:
In case you're curious, his pajamas read "I Heart My World" but the image of the globe usually gets lost under his belly when seated.
For those of you wondering if your birthday party invitation got lost in the mail, don't worry, it didn't. We're simply having a little gathering on Saturday with our parents and siblings and my goal is take at least one picture.

I'm grateful that Wyatt is finally turning one. I knew this day would come but six months ago it felt like an eternity away. I'm not one of those it-pains-me-to-put-away-tiny-clothes/where-has-the-time-gone kind of moms (at least not yet). Today I am simply glad we've all made it through this first year of his life and beginning to appreciate the fact that life does not operate like my dvr and allow me to fast forward the utterly mundane moments or rewind to relive the beautiful parts.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Very nice haircut. Happy birthday, little man! I'm with you, Amy, I don't miss the first year too much. Now the second and third years... well, that's a different story. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, YOU truly are the one who deserves all the presents for Wyatt's birthday....as a "congratualtions for surviving a whole year of his life!!!" ;)

He looks so handsome and grown up with his cute little haircut.

Love you.
kristin