Friday, July 11, 2008

The Fives

I'm not a morning person. You'd think I'd then consider myself a night person. Nope, not a night person either. I'm more of a day person. In my ideal world, my day would start at 8am and I'd be able to crawl into bed by 10pm. Unfortunately, Wyatt is not entirely attuned to my preferred schedule and still wakes up early from time to time. One of those times was this morning. I first heard his little voice at 5:50am. I'll admit it, I hate anything in the fives. I honestly kind of hate the sixes as well but it's embarrassing to say out loud because adults are supposed to be okay with waking up in the sixes. I'm not. If I can sleep until the sevens, my day will generally turn out okay.


We really lucked out with Wyatt and his sleeping patterns. Actually, I believe it is a gift from God. He goes to bed sometime between 8 and 9:30pm and nearly always wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30am. For awhile he liked to get up around 6am but then we covered his window with two huge beach towels and it's been at least 7:30am since. But, something seems to be different these past few days and it's back to the fives, my least favorite time of day. The saddest part about him waking up in the fives is the combination of his sunny disposition and desire to play and my sluggish inability and and lack of desire to do so.



I wonder if I will ever become a morning person. I'd give that 10:1 odds. Place your bets.

This photo was not taken in the fives or sixes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to read Jason the entry about the Fives... he's trying to work, but you made him laugh.
Kim